Todays World News (@TodaysWorldNews) / Twitter

Monday, March 1, 2010

Bush says he won't criticize Obama

President George W. Bush addresses the class o...Image via Wikipedia


FORT WORTH, Texas | Former President George W. Bush turned to his faith amid the tough times during his eight years in office, he said Saturday at a religious school's banquet.


"I don't see how I could be president without prayer," he told the crowd of more than 1,100 at the Fort Worth Christian School event at a downtown hotel. "The prayers of the people ... sustained me, comforted me and strengthened me in a way I could have never predicted before becoming president, and for that I am extremely grateful."


"You won't see me out there opining ... or criticizing my successor," Bush said, later adding that he is writing a book about his decisions in office so that "you can draw your own conclusions."

1 of 1


Bush said he remained "in awe" of U.S. troops and that his numerous meetings with families of troops killed in the war were uplifting.

 blog it

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Truth about the Palestinian and Israeli conflict