Saturday, February 4, 2017

THESE SANCTUARY CITY CRYBABIES ARE ACTUALLY WILLING TO LOSE FEDERAL FUNDING IN ORDER TO ‘PROTECT’ ILLEGALS

President Trump’s executive order to freeze funding for “sanctuary cities” that refuse to enforce federal immigration law has been met with expected resistance from big-city liberal politicians nationwide. The order, which also instructs the Department of Homeland Security to release a weekly police blotter on crimes committed by illegal aliens, was issued “to better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions.”

Mayors of major cities with large immigrant populations are openly saying they will resist President Trump's efforts to stop them from protecting illegal immigrants.
Trump signed an executive order this week that would strip funding from so-called "sanctuary cities," which are cities or other jurisdictions that refuse to cooperate with U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement requests to detain or turn over a person who violate U.S. immigration laws.
Mayors in some of those cities, like Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, Seattle and Washington, D.C., say they won't comply, setting up a showdown that could end up with some of them getting less federal funding from the Trump administration. In a statement last week, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh said he was "deeply disturbed" by Trump's executive order.
"I will use all of my power within lawful means to protect all Boston residents — even if that means using City Hall itself as a last resort," he said, adding that 28 percent of Boston's residents are immigrants.
Percentages of immigration cases resulting in removal
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/09/percentages_of_immigration_cases_resulting_in_removal

In this Thursday Aug. 9, 2012, file photo, persons are detained for being in the country illegally and are transferred out of the holding area after being processed at the Tucson Sector of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection headquarters in Tucson, Ariz. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin, File)
Percentage of cases in Massachusetts immigration court resulting in removal/deportation of aliens in fiscal year 2015 (numbers are averages of all courts in each state):
Massachusetts 26.9%
New York 27.5%
Oregon 32.6%
Hawaii 33%
California 33.8%
Virginia 36.3%
Puerto Rico 37.2%
New Jersey 37.4%
Florida 38.3%
Arizona 39.4%
Minnesota40.8%
Colorado 41%
Pennsylvania 42.4%
Nebraska 42.8%
Michigan 45.7%
Ohio 46.6%
Nevada 47.2%
Guam 47.5%
Connecticut 48.6%
Washington 49%
Tennessee 50.1%
Missouri 57.4%
Utah 60.3%

THESE SANCTUARY CITY CRYBABIES ARE ACTUALLY WILLING TO LOSE FEDERAL FUNDING IN ORDER TO ‘PROTECT’ ILLEGALS
Despite the fact that such a policy would protect American citizens from the avoidable grief and loss that too many families have endured as a result of lax immigration enforcement, liberal officials across the country are throwing toddler-like, “federalism be damned” hissy-fits.
Last weekend, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio told CNN’s Jake Tapper that he is prepared to legally challenge any “attempt to implement” Trump’s executive order in his city. The mayor stressed the need for illegals to have a “working relationship” with the NYPD, and not let fears of deportation hinder criminal investigations. De Blasio said he is willing to go so far as to shield undocumented aliens charged with drunk driving, grand larceny, and other “minor offenses” from federal prosecutors.
Many other city leaders have vowed similar protections in the wake of Trump’s bold actions regarding illegal immigration. By doing so, however, they risk losing millions in federal dollars — and the vital city services that come from them.
“In New York, Trump's hometown, city officials said the administration's action could take away over $150 million in law enforcement funding,” reported FoxNews.com and the AP. De Blasio and company also risk endangering, harming, or losing many more lives due to their own negligence.
"Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime," Maureen Maloney, mother of the late Matthew Denice, told Conservative Review via email. "Our family is permanently separated by his death."
Matthew Denice was struck while riding his motorcycle on Aug. 20, 2011, by an illegal immigrant driving a truck. Maloney told CR that her son “survived the initial crash with abrasions and contusions.” But when the perpetrator, an Ecuadorean with a criminal record named Nicolas Dutan Guaman, fled the scene, he ran over Denice, who became lodged in the truck’s wheel well and was dragged a quarter of a mile to his death.
In May of 2014, Guaman was sentenced to 12 to 14 years imprisonment for the death of Matthew Denice — a rare outcome for situations like these, according to Maloney.
- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/illegal-immigrants-ripped-these-families-hearts-out#sthash.vVHkemoe.dpuf

Amazon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget