Todays World News (@TodaysWorldNews) / Twitter

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mars May Get Hit By a Comet in 2014

Mars, 2001, with the southern polar ice cap vi...
Mars, 2001, with the southern polar ice cap visible on the bottom. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
As each day passes over these past few years. It seems more and more of the Prophecies from the Bible keep taking place. The think what gets me the most is that it keeps happening more and more as each day goes on. Talk about birth pangs?
Anyway. I'm about to start adding many more posts on the Current events going on World Wide again. Simply because I have had many tell me things like I didn't even know this was happening. Or. Why did you stop? You are the one that helps me get a lot of my daily news. And even. I would have had no idea if I hadn't seen the articles you sent to me.

I get this stuff sent to me daily. A long needed break was due. As you know some of this stuff just has us shaking our heads going HOW?
So to let you know I'm back posting. This here is one of the lighter subjects at least for Earth anyway.


Thought I would add some scripture to this one.
Acts 2
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%202&version=NKJV
17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’[b]


In case you just can’t get enough impact news, it looks like Mars may actually get hit by a comet in 2014! As it stands right now, the chance of a direct impact are small, but it’s likely Mars will get pelted by the debris associated with the comet.
know. This is pretty amazing. Still, let me preface this with a caveat: Trying to get precise predictions of comet orbits can be difficult, and for this one we’re talking about a prediction for 20 months from now! Things may very well change, but here’s what we know so far.
Comet What May
The comet is called C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring), discovered on Jan. 3, 2013 by the Australian veteran comet hunter Robert McNaught. As soon as it was announced, astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey looked at their own data and found it in observations from Dec. 8, 2012, which helped nail down the orbit (I explain how that works in a previous article about asteroid near-misses). Extrapolating its orbit, they found it will make a very near pass of Mars around Oct. 19, 2014, missing the planet by the nominal distance of about 100,000 kilometers (60,000 miles).
Observations taken at the ISON-NM observatory in New Mexico just this week have tightened up the orbit a bit more, allowing for better predictions. Given this new data, the comet may actually pass closer to Mars; another veteran comet hunter, Leonid Elenin, predicts it may get as close as 37,000 km (23,000 miles) of the surface of Mars!
That’s pretty dang close. But this gets even more interesting.
See the full Article here.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Truth about the Palestinian and Israeli conflict