Todays World News (@TodaysWorldNews) / Twitter

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Arabs approve indirect Israeli-Palestinians talks

Map of Israel, the Palestinian territories (We...Image via Wikipedia

Joel 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

4 Yes, and what have you to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will you render me a recompense? and if you recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompense on your own head; 5 Because you have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things:
clipped from news.yahoo.com
Amr Moussa, Secretary general of the Arab League, center, gestures to Egyptian

CAIRO – Arab nations gave the green light Wednesday for Palestinians to enter indirect negotiations with Israel for a preliminary four-month period, a decision likely to break the months-long deadlock over resuming Mideast peace talks.

The Arab approval gives Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas the political cover he needs to accept the offer. Abbas has staunchly rejected direct talks unless Israel calls a complete halt to construction of Jewish settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem
American officials mediating, to end the impasse between Israelis and Palestinians over the conditions for resuming negotiations Israeli-Palestinian peace talks broke down more than a year ago, when Israel launched a bruising offensive against the Gaza Strip's Hamas rulers.


Meanwhile, the Mideast quartet — Russia, the United Nations, the European Union and the United States — is slated to meet in Moscow on March 19 to discuss new peace efforts in the region.

 blog it

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Truth about the Palestinian and Israeli conflict