Todays World News (@TodaysWorldNews) / Twitter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

News Roundup: The I’s Have It, China Wants To Negotiate More, Ping Pong and Another Democrat Retires | motorcitytimes.com

Barack Obama speaking at a campaign rally in A...Image via Wikipedia

  • "Obama had his National Security meeting and press conference today. His statement contained 1,346 words. He used the word “I” 22 times and the word “my” 5 times. Guess what word’s he didn’t use. This is my favorite passage. Via whitehouse.gov: So we have to do better — and we will do better. And we have to do it quickly. American lives are on the line. So I made it clear today to my team: I want our initial reviews completed this week. I want specific recommendations for corrective actions to fix what went wrong. I want those reforms implemented immediately, so that this doesn’t happen again and so we can prevent future attacks. And I know that every member of my team that I met with today understands the urgency of getting this right. And I appreciate that each of them took responsibility for the shortfalls within their own agencies. (emphasis added) For what it’s worth, he used the word “terrorist” five times. While Obama was holding his press conference, China was telling us they are not really interested in our sanctioning Iran idea. Via Fox News: The U.S. and its allies want tougher U.N. sanctions, while Iran’s major trading partners, China and Russia, oppose the move. The Obama administration and European allies set a deadline of the end of 2009 for Iran to accept a U.N. proposal that Iran exchange most of its enriched uranium, which the West fears could be used for automic weapons, for low-enriched nuclear fuel for energy purposes. Over the last couple of years, the Security Council has passed three resolutions against Iran for refusing to suspend nuclear enrichment and cooperate with the International Atomic Energy Agency, but instead of compliance, the Islamic Republic has increased nuclear activity."


Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Truth about the Palestinian and Israeli conflict